Children & Young People
Sometimes you can deal with problems on your own. Other things are too difficult to manage by yourself and it is important to talk to someone you trust like your parent or carer, friend, teacher or other adult you are comfortable with.
Here you will find information on keeping safe and where you can go when you need someone to talk to.
- Read United Response’s leaflet: What to do if you feel bullied
- Childline provide support and information on bullying. Visit their website here. Childline also provide a bounce back from bullying advice service which can be found here.
Running Away and Going Missing
- Read more about running away or going missing here.
- Visit the Missing People, Missing Kids page
- Download the GSCP Guidance on Missing here.
- For more information visit: http://thehideout.org.uk
- For information visit: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/home-families/family-relationships/domestic-abuse/
- For more information visit: http://www.forcedmarriage/net/
- Abuse is not normal and never ok. If you are in a relationship with someone, you should feel loved, safe, respected and free to be yourself. There are different forms of abuse, which you can find out about here, but if your relationship leaves you feeling scared, intimidated or controlled, it’s possible you’re in an abusive relationship. Find out more about the issue and seek help here.
For more information visit http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/
- For more information visit: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/abuse-safety/
Drugs and Alcohol
- For more information visit: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/you-your-body/drugs-alcohol-smoking/
Violence and Gangs
- For more information visit: https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/young-victims-crime
- For more information visit: https://www.fearless.com/en
- For more information visit: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/crime-law/gangs/
- For more information visit: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/crime-law/racism-racial-bullying/
- For more information, download our Factsheet on Sexual Exploitation here.
People Who Can Help
- Youth Services at The Point, for more information, click here
- Childline, for more information, visit here: https://childline.org.uk
Female Genital Mutilation
- For more information visit: http://petals.coventry.ac.uk/